Thursday, January 7, 2010
This recipe was adapted from the Cuisine at Home Magazine's recipe. It made 52 one inch diameter meatballs for me.
1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 eggs, beaten
2 T. dried Italian seasonings
1 T. garlic, minced
1 tsp kosher salt
1 T. ground black pepper
2 t. dried basil--or a bunch of fresh!!!!
1 t. cayenne pepper
2 lb. ground chuck
Cover bottom of pan with:
1 cup low sodium beef broth
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Stir together all ingredients except ground meat in a large bowl.
3. Add the ground chuck and mix together thoroughly.
4. Shape the mixture into balls about 1"in diameter. (use a small scooper)
5. Coat a baking sheet or shallow roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Space the meatballs so that they are not crowded together.
6. Cover the bottom of the pan with beef broth.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are just cooked through. Reserve pan juices for sauce.