Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome!!!!

Hi there, my name is Kim and welcome to my journal where I write about the recipes, pictures, and other things that intersect my life, travels, and everyday interests. Often the recipes are from my cookbook collection, magazines I regularly read, and Food TV, sometimes; however - they might come from a friend, or I might write about a recipe I created myself. In fact with my family’s preferences, it’s probably safe to say that every recipe has been adapted to suit our unique tastes and the availability of ingredients on hand at the time.

Fresh home grown produce will be used during the growing season as we have a huge home garden and several herb beds. Organic gardening is a hobby of mine and one of my biggest methods of stress relief weather permitting.

I focus primarily on food that is family oriented and fast to prepare. My kids as they were growing up called me Mc Mom because every time they wanted to go to a fast-food place for a burger or an order of chicken nuggets I made my at home much healthier version of it for them and the only thing they missed out on was the cheap plastic toy (marketing ploy?).

I’m definitely not Martha Stewart by any stretch of the imagination and I have made several attempts ~ New Years resolutions ~ over the past decades to become more like her only to fail miserably (smile).

I’ve started this project to help motivate me to be a better homemaker and to help my youngest child explore his dream of being a professional chef some day. His name is Joe and he will be 15 in February.

I will use this blog to keep track of our progress ~ the recipes we make and create. All Photographs will be taken by me with my Nikon D-90 or backup camera unless otherwise stated.