Thursday, June 2, 2011

Challenges

I spend a lot of time watching food shows on television and one of my favorites is a show called "Chopped." Contestants, who are from a variety of culinary backgrounds, are given a basket of ingredients and are challenged to come up with a better dish than the rest of the contestants. There three rounds ~ Appetizers, Entree, & Dessert ~ one contestant is eliminated in each round.

I like this show because when the ingredients in the baskets are announced I run through ideas in my head and it gets me thinking about what flavors combinations I would add to come up with a winning dish.

Building on the Chopped theme I give myself a monthly technique challenge and this month's is to nail the Southern style biscuit. Today, I am patiently wait for my delivery from King Arthur's Flour Company because in order to make a light fluffy biscuit instead of one like a hockey puck I'll need certain flour milled from Winter Wheat grown in the south.

This is the recipe I'll use for my first batch ~ Bakewell Cream Biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment